Call For Papers for Breakpoint Security’s first event being held in downtown Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico from November 17th through the 18th.
It is our pleasure to introduce everyone to Breakpoint Security's first
event held in Downtown Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico aka (Barrio Antiguo).
The Call for Papers opens today Friday June 15, 2007. A few private invites
have already been accepted please tune to the website for speaker/topic
updates. Below are the conference details.
[ Event ]
Breakpoint Security hopes to bring to Monterrey an entertaining,
coordinated, information filled environment for security practitioners,
professionals and hobbyists. It is our priority to keep the event fun,
organized and suited for anyone willing to learn and share.
"The center of nightlife in Monterrey is definitely Barrio Antiguo, but
there is plenty of action spread out over the rest of the city." -
November 17 and 18, 2007.
And for the paranoid -
Standard Topics Apply:
* Reverse Engineering
* Spyware, Phishing and Botnets (Modern bots please!)
* Wireless Network and Security
* Modern Software Auditing Practices
* GSM, GPRS and CDMA Security
* World Wide Domination
* Writing Malicious Code (Case Studies Wanted)
* Cryptanalysis / Cryptography
* Information Security and the Legal System[s]
[ Submission ]
There are ten slots total, a single track and all talks are 60 - 70 minutes,
translators will be available unless you prefer to do your talk in Spanish,
in which case no translation will be necessary.
Abstract Submission deadline: September 7th, 2007.
Detailed Submission deadline: October 19th, 2007.
Proposals should contain the following information:
* Topic, title and a short description
* Speaker information:
-Country of current residence
-Contact information including, phone number and physical address
* Employer, specify independent researcher
* A biography and any publications that you've authored or coauthored
* Is this a full paper, slides or both
[ Speaker Benefits ]
A growing list of speaker benefits includes the following:
1) Pre-conference Dinner and Drinks on Friday November 16, 2007
2) Three meals will be covered as the hotel will cater
3) Hotel is covered (2 nights, 3rd May be covered if necessary must send
request in advanced)
4) You get to drink with us in Mexico! When else can you do this? :)
Thank you and we hope to hear back from you soon.
[ Special Note ]
If you feel as Mr. Paul Wouters does (
your 0-day at home, we don't need it... :)
As an example of the original content you can look forward to, see below.
PS. I found this 2 days ago when I decided to release a gift with the CFP,
with that said, that bug may have been previously found by someone else. If
so, please claim and prove it and I'll release another since I would then
owe everyone a gift.
http://breakpointsecurity.net/unictr.tgz - Happy father's day CA!